Thursday, January 5, 2012

Woodland Nymph Puppet










This is a little something I've been working on for my portfolio, she'll just be a small part so I thought it would be safe to share her :) Shes still lacking feet (i'm waiting on the magnets for them!) so thats why they're not exactly proper photos :P I'll post full body ones once shes completed anndd I'll post my concept drawings and paintings of her soon too!

uuuhhhh so much to rant about but i have noo tiiime! hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and new year celebration :) I know I did! ok..now off to paint! 

**EDIT**
I forgot that I wanted to share three wonderful artists that I discovered and that have inspired me through the process of creating this puppet :)

Christine Alvarado  (I found links to the top two from her wonderful blog :))

I suggest taking a look at these three if your specifically interested in puppet making!

3 comments:

Elaine Chen said...

Thanks for sharing Seema! Beautiful pages you found! and beautiful puppet as well!
Can't wait to see what you have been up to ;D

Manu Prasad Gopinath said...

Awesome seema! can't wait to see her fully completed with the process work! keep it up!!!

Seema Virdi said...

aw thanks so much elaine!! :D and thanks too manu! I'll get her finished soon i hope! small rare earth magnets seem to be impossible to find tho :s..you could say that they're..RARE....hahahaha...